QA & Testing Related with Cucumber.
This is a compilation of useful info found online.
INSTALLATION STEPS on Local or VM
- see Cucumber-Installation
- for GIT integration, see: Cucumber-Git
- for Capybara, see: Cucumber Capybara
- sample code and files
Videos of installation: very useful!
Working with GEMS
Desktop Web Automation Using Selenium-Cucumber-Ruby
- INSTRUCTIONS NOT COMPLETE or Not Clear!
- Or download selenium-cucumber bundle where you will find all the above requirements.
INSTALLATION GUIDE WITH IMAGES
Ruby on Rails
INSTALLING CUCUMBER AND CAPYBARA IN WINDOWS 8 – 64 BIT OS
THIS IS THE INSTALLATION STEPS USED
see also: https://cucumber.io/docs/reference/ruby
Absolute beginner instructions
Hassle-Free Start Guide for Ruby, Cucumber, and Capybara on Windows
Complete setup guide for Ruby, Cucumber and Watir or Selenium webdriver on Windows
Step 1 – Install Ruby
Step 2 – Extract DevKit
Make sure you create a new folder, it extracts the lib and bin folders to that location, there is no root folder such as DevKit for example.
DevKit is needed because Cucumber requires the json gem. Without installing DevKit you would get the error:
ERROR: Error installing cucumber:
The ‘json’ native gem requires installed build tools.
Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit
from ‘http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads‘ and follow the instructions
Step 3 – Install DevKit
Goto the root folder where you extracted DevKit and execute the commands:
Step 4 – Install the required gems
- Installing rspec because it is a commonly used gem.
- win32console supports colored output on the dos command line when executing the tests!
- watir-webdriver requires selenium webdriver, so that one will be installed always. If you only want selenium-webdriver, just do gem install selenium-webdriver instead.
When creating an install_gems.bat file including these commands, make sure to use the CALL command
Step 5 – Start with your Cucumber and Webdriver setup
New to cucumber? Have a look at our Web Testing With Cucumber blog!
Other docs: see https://cukes.info/docs#installation
Getting Started with Ruby, Cucumber, and Capybara on Windows
OTHER INSTALLATION GUIDES
Setting up Cucumber on MAC OS X
Gherkin and Behat/PHP